1st October is International Day of Older Persons #IDOP
This year #UNIDOP theme “Digital Equity for All Ages”
Objectives of #UNIDOP2021:
1) To bring awareness of the importance of digital inclusion of older persons, while tackling stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination associated with digitalization taking into account socio-cultural norms and the right to autonomy.
2) To highlight policies to leverage digital technologies for full achievement of the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
3) To address public and private interests, in the areas of availability, connectivity, design, affordability, capacity building, infrastructure, and innovation.
4) To explore the role of policies and legal frameworks to ensure the privacy and safety of older persons in the digital world.
5) To highlight the need for a legally binding instrument on the rights of older persons and an intersectional person-centered human rights approach for a society for all ages.
See the United Nations IDOP events here: