Silver Inning Foundation : #SeniorCitizens Safety Tips at Home : Please Share
Your Safety at Home
1) Always ensure that your doors are locked from inside.
2) Always switch on the night bulb during night time.
3) Keep your valuables in the lockers of the bank and take them out only when you require them.
4) Install burglars alarm system, security gadgets, surveillance, cameras etc.
5) Never hand over huge cash, gold etc. to your servants/strangers for transportation.
6) Inform the police about movement of strangers in your locality.
7) Keep a close watch and inform the police about suspicious sales man, plumber etc.
8) Display all police related numbers including 100 and Helpline in your house near your telephone.
9) Install caller ID system to your telephone.
10) Never leave your spare key concealed anywhere near the front door-Burglars know all the hiding places like in flower pot , above door etc
11) Change or check your locks every year.
12) Always pull down the doors and window curtains, especially during evening hours since it reduces the temptations of the thieves to target your house
13) Have peep-in installed in the front door of your house from inside, so that you can see.
14) Install latch or safety door from inside the house
15) Open door with help of latch or only open safety door
16) When you are away from home for tour or holiday, inform a reliable neighbor or relative to check your home from time time. Keep in touch with them.
17) Do not reveal about your holiday trip in advance to too many people.
18) Employ a servant after verifying his real name, native address with the help of the nearest Police Station
19) Never discuss financial matters in front of your servant
20) Treat your servant in a humane way
21) Do not allow any of the relatives or friends of your servant to visit your house. If at all he has any frequent visitor, get his antecedents checked from police and try to keep the number of such persons.
22) When you admit a workman or a salesman or courier in your house do not leave him alone at any time
Guest? Potential Sponsors? Questions? Get in touch.